Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Wrong Way...



I got such a kick out of the look on the girl's face at Dairy Queen when she asked what name I wanted on the birthday cake that I ordered yesterday for my brother. I told her "Wrong Way" and she started to reach for a piece of paper because I believe that she thought I was pronouncing a foreign name or something. She said "can you spell it?" and I said "yeah, it's just like it sounds w-r-o-n-g...w-a-y." She started to giggle and said "oh, you mean wrong way!!!" The other girls thought it was comical too. Hey, it's the man's nickname. What can I say?

I just finished the book that I've been reading about the Hairston family. It is a historical book and I really enjoyed reading it although some parts of it made me sad and some parts infuriated me. Now I'm reading 'Between Sundays' by Karen Kingsbury.

The weather forecast is calling for a terrible storm starting tonight and carrying through til Wednesday morning. I hope that it doesn't shut everything down. I hate for people to have to travel in that kind of weather and that's one thing that I like about subbing. I can refuse the assignment or ever cancel it if I think the roads are too bad. My assignment today was shortened by two hours because of the weather. We had a two hour delay. I didn't mind because I love making the same pay for working two hours less...LOL.

I'm going to go curl up with my book and see what's happening next. I might crochet a little, too. I've been trying to re-learn this long lost hobby and it seems that all I can remember is the really simple stitches. Oh, well, I guess I can't expect this old brain to retain everything, can I?

No comments: