Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gimme bread!

We're trying to do low carb at our house and it has turned into such a fiasco! Funny, though, really. I'm trying to use a low carb baking mix recipe that I found on the net. I found it at Hold the Toast. It wasn't too difficult to whip up at all. I tried to do the mock Red Lobster garlic biscuits with it. What I didn't realize is that the whey protein powder needs to be plain instead of vanilla when you're not using it for baked sweets. So, we ended up with vanilla-tasting, garlic biscuits. They really weren't half bad though. The fam put sugar-free strawberry preserves on them and gobbled them down. I'm going to have to break down and order some of the lc baking mix called CarbQuik. It is supposed to be the bomb so I'll have to check it out and come back and do a review.

Not much else going on this weekend. I helped do some insulation work yesterday so that we can be all toasty warm this winter. I'm at Mom's house right now visiting with her and will be heading back to P-burg tomorrow after I stop at the clinic and pick up my thyroid meds.

I feel pretty positive about doing low carb this time because I think I have more tools at my disposal than I did in the past. I'm also determined to start exercising. I think that will be a big plus for me. I saw on the low carb friends forum where people are doing the Couch to 5k program so I'm going to check it out. I kind of wish that I had a tread mill so that I don't have to run out in public in front of people. But, oh well...if they don't want to look, they can just turn their heads...LOL! I have set a goal for myself, too. I want to weigh 165 by my birthday, which is March 7, so I've got to get kicking! That's only a few days shy of being five months away. Think positive Lisa! Think positive!

No comments: