Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm back!

Yeah, I know! I'm the worst blogger in the world. I haven't posted anything since last November - EEK! What can I say? Life does get in the way. Things seem to be happening all at one time here lately, but I've made a new commitment to start posting here on a regular basis so YAY!

To recap some things that have happened this year:

I started a new job at a residential treatment facility for troubled youth working as a teacher/counselor.

Then, I had to quit my job to have surgery because I hadn't been there long enough to take FMLA.

I had to have a hysterectomy and posterior repair. I'm only two weeks out from surgery, so I'm still in the healing mode.

Then, the week before last I lost my favorite aunt. Her husband had just passed away in April of this year. She was the one that I would escape to in the summers to get a break from my own crazy house. I love her so much and she was so influential in my life. I'll miss her dearly and I know that everyone else will as well.

Learah got pregnant and had one puppy, whom we named Rocket. Believe me, he is really living up to his name. Now, she is pregnant again and due in about three weeks so we're gearing up for delivery again.

I'm really going to be focusing on my writing in the next few months. I plan to start a new website to offer my ghostwriting services and to have another site to house my plr offerings. I'm also batting around a few fiction ideas to commit to paper.

In a few weeks I will begin working on my history degree through American Public University online. I'm really excited about this! I look forward to using my coursework to help me with the novels that I have planned.

I'm going to be super busy trying to get my writing business off the ground and taking on the new studies, but I'm also very stoked about it. Until next time! No, I won't wait another 10 months before posting again!

No comments: