Friday, April 17, 2009

Hats off to the Montgomery police...

My early morning call-in due to the flu cost me a passenger's side window. I was up chilling with a fever most of the night Wednesday night. I stayed in bed as long as I could stand it yesterday morning and finally got up around 11 a.m. Shortly after I got out of bed the doorbell rang. I answered the door and there was a city cop standing there asking "did you know that your window is busted out of your car?" I said, "Oh, no" and of course I immediately thought that someone had busted it out on purpose to steal something. Then the cop tells me that the city workers were weed eating on the railroad tracks and just happened to notice that the window was shattered so they stopped him. He decided to open the car door and look for a rock and that was why my car alarm was going off. He called for back up and the police chief came, who made the administrative decision that it was in fact the city's fault and he would call for a repairman to come and replace the window. Wow! Don't I just feel so important to have the big cheese swinging by to take charge of things. All joking aside, the policemen were very nice in the way they took care of the situation. The city workers could have shut their mouths about what had happened and moved on down the street. I wouldn't have been any the wiser and probably would have thought that some of the local thugs had done it and I would have had to pay for the cost out of my pocket or paid my deductible, which is pretty high. The glass guy couldn't get the window in until today so I had to drive my brother's car to work, which was okay too. So, thank God for honest city workers and cops who care enough to do what they can to right the mistakes that are made.

No comments: