Monday, February 09, 2009

money, jewelry and dish rags...

I just finished reading Twilight today. Now I want to run out and get Meyer's second book in the series, New Moon. I really like to read her stuff, although the Twilight Series is for more of an adolescent crowd. It gives me another common ground in the classroom. I don't know what I'm reading next. I probably won't get to the library to get the other Twilight book until later in the week so I'll probably re-read something that I have laying around here.

I just found out today that my son's uncle, on his dad's side, passed away so I've been pretty bummed about that. We have had so many deaths in the past few weeks. It's definitely been an eye-opener.

I was surprised by what I found in my daughter's "favorite things" bag that she had to prepare for school. I knew that she had to do it but I had forgotten about it, so when I found her little brown sack on the arm of the couch I opened it up and looked in. The bag contained a $1 bill, a necklace from her best friend in Florida and a dishrag that I had crocheted. I got so tickled! I told her that I didn't find it difficult to believe that money and jewelry were part of her favorite things, but where in the world did the dish rag fit in. She replied with "oh, I put that in there because you made it with your hands and I like to craft too." Too cute!

No comments: