Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Reprieve...

We had a nice change of pace in the weather today. I think it almost reached 60, or it maybe it actually did reach that high. It was so pretty outside that DD and I took a nice walk between services today. I've lost 22 pounds this year and I want to start adding some exercise to kick it up a notch.

I started a project on my new nifty knitter today, too. I've never knitted in my life but I picked the long looms up from Walmart yesterday and I'm making a scarf. I can't believe how easy it is. In only a couple of hours I already have over a foot of scarf made. I'm hold two pieces of yarn at a time, burgundy wine and oatmeal. It's going to be very pretty!!!

I also started reading a new book today. It's The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I picked up several books for the library yesterday and I really wanted to read Fair is the Rose by Liz Curtis Higgs today, but I found out that it is actually the sequel to another of her novels so I kind of didn't want to read them out of order.

I hope and pray that the snow passes us by this next week. The kids had two snow days last week and when we have snow days that means that I don't get to work and have no pay. So, if it snows I hope that they don't cancel school.

We had a nice day shopping yesterday. Dylan got a new pair of tennis shoes at Shoe Carnival and a new Nike back bag. I got a pair of Reeboks and a pair of blue Donna Lawrence pumps that were marked down to $5. I was thrilled! They were the last pair in my size and just what I've been searching for! Then we ate at Famous Daves and went to Walmart. We were supposed to go to the mall and JCPenneys to pick up some Levis for Dylan but traffic was so bad and we had to sit in it for so long that we decided to just go one evening this coming week, probably tomorrow.

I hope that everyone enjoys their upcoming week and that you don't get snowed in or rained out!

1 comment:

DO WORK said...

What is your weight loss secret sis??!