Monday, October 27, 2008

Carly doing the ball toss...

I think we're about festivalled out now. This past Saturday was the Fall Festival at our church and everything fell into place unbelievably well. It rained right up until the minute it was time to start setting everything out. Finally, the rain stopped, the sun came out and the ground dried up enough so that the kiddies wouldn't get too wet stomping around. The kids loved all of the games. We had face painting, a cupcake walk, a little merry-go-round and two big jumping toys...plus about 6 or 7 carnival games. My uncle brought his food trailers and we served hot dogs, popcorn and cotton candy. It was a lot of work, but well worth it if it only brings one more kid or family into church. We had a really good turnout and there was a lot of kids there that I had never seen before. I helped make cotton candy and I was picking it out of my hair for the rest of the day. I couldn't believe what a mess that stuff makes....pure sugar! Of course, that's why the kids love it so much.




This is the cotton candy shack where I spent most of my day. Uncle is so crazy. We had a blast whipping out that cotton candy!

Taking a break!

No comments: