Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dear Santa

Christmas break is not looking good for my sanity. The nine year old is already coming to me with the "I'm so bored" problem and this is only the first day of break. Wonder what I will feel like in two weeks? I try to get her involved in journaling or drawing or some other pursuit but I think she mainly wants to make my life miserable. Her problem is that she is very social and she likes to go out and shop and visit friends and all of that. I'm trying to stay at home and save some money, while getting some writing done. Well, she's just not buying that!

I've been posting some articles on EHow. It's kind of fun and I'm earning a few pennies. I know of some people who earn over $1500 each month with their articles. It's all residual income, meaning you don't get paid anything up front, but if someone comes to read your article and clicks on one of the adsense ads then you get a portion of the money that is made. I have written a few articles about making Christmas presents, like Russian Friendship Tea and Sea Salt Shower Scrub. These have made the most money because people are looking for stuff like that right now. I just posted one last night on how to save money and trees by making your own ecard to send via email. If I could stay focused and not get distracted by the "bored kid" so much I could post much more and potentially have a better residual income from this site. Well, it all sounds good in theory. Go ahead and try your luck at him. Who knows? You might have something to add that will make you a little extra money.

No comments: