Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Let the ball drop without me...

Well, it's only 9:15 and I'm starting to realize that I'm not going to make it to see the ball drop. My eyelids are dropping instead. I guess it was too many New Year's Eve snacks...I should have waited and set the food out after 11 p.m.

This year has been quite a doozy and I have to say one that I certainly wouldn't want to re-live. I do, however, want to give God the glory for getting us through and I know that no matter where my path leads this next year He will be right there beside of us every step of the way. We have many exciting things in store for this year. Dylan graduates from Riverside High in May. Carly is going to All State Choir at Morgantown in March. I'm so excited! I get to go too. I will be subbing this semester so that I can take the time off when I need too.

I hope that everyone makes realistic resolutions and starts 2009 out in the most focused manner possible. My goals for the New Year are (in random order):

1. be focused on my children and help them to have the best school year possible
2. focus on being healthier, ie. losing weight and getting more exercise
3. expand my blogging empire... :-)
4. spend more quiet time with the Lord in prayer and studying the bible
5. set aside more time for reading for myself
6. make a quilt
7. practice my writing more
8. give God glory, glory, glory!
9. start a home business
10. make my kids feel my love every single day

1 comment:

Emily Retherford said...

Great goals! Good luck reaching them all this year!

Emily
Mama and Hustler???
My Mommy Chronicles
Blah-Zay