Tuesday, December 09, 2008

life in prison...

I found out that I was passed my test for the prison job that I was interested in. As luck would have it the same week I was issued a teaching permit for long term substitute. So, should I deal with convicts or future convicts? That's a joke! I will choose to sub because it pays much better and I can work when I want to.

I used to work at the prison in question way back when as a dental assistant. I have to say it was the best job I ever had in my life. It was one of the lowest paying positions but it was so much fun. You probably think that I'm weird, but that's just the way that it worked out. I think it was so much fun because of the dentist that I worked with. He was like a grown up Bart Simpson and I loved him. I quit there when I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter. They replaced me. Had I not quit I would probably still be there.

I've felt that teaching is more rewarding than working with inmates, though. Like students, some of the inmates really appreciated the service they were given and some didn't. Of course all of the inmates were there because they had to be and many students that I've had in the past have that same attitude of "I'm only here because it's the law."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, any job is a good job. You'd probably be in less danger from students at the prison, though. :P Good luck!

Marrid66 said...

I teach and I agree teaching is rewarding.

Karen aka marrid66

Here On Columbia Avenue

Da Boss And Bryguy

4 Cats Make Me Crazy!