Thursday, August 21, 2008

the hunt

Now that I've got the kids registered in school and all of that is taken care of I have to begin my job hunt. I applied to be a substitute teacher in my county of residence as well as the one beside of me. I have to say the qualifications are much more stringent in WV than they were in Florida. Heck, in Florida all you had to do was pass a drug test and be fingerprinted. They didn't even know whether you could write a sentence or not. I still have to be drug tested and fingerprinted. I think I have to sit in on a class and go for a day of observation as well. I hope I hurry up and get hired somewhere. I received my last payday from the school board I just left from, but it will not last forever, thats for sure.

I went to Kmart today to pick up a router for my computer. This way I don't have to use my brother's computer all of the time if I have posts or computer jobs to do. I didn't realize how easy it was to install a router and put wireless on my computer. We got a Belkin and it cost $39.99 for the router and $39.99 for the wireless adapter needed for my computer. That wasn't too bad and like I said it went together really fast. I'm glad to be able to use my own computer again.

I found some great deals on clothes for myself today too. Their summer stuff was on clearance and I got a pretty, floral campshirt for $3 and seersucker shorts for $2.50. I was extremely pleased. Then they had all of the womens clothes buy one get one half off and I bought three shirts and two tanks. I also bought two new slips to wear with my dresses. Now that I'm recounting all of the money I've spent I had better start being more frugal with my last paycheck. I think I had better get off of here and make up a budget!

No comments: