Tuesday, August 12, 2008

school clothes shopping

It's that dreaded time again...trying to get a 9 year old and a 16 year old to try on school clothes. Why do I detest this chore more than anything in the world? It is not my idea of a fun day at the mall when I have to chase these kids all over the mall stores or wherever, trying to corral them long enough to make a clothing choice and try it on. My son is old enough to make his own, appropriate, choices, but my daughter is another story. She would dress like Madonna if I would let her. I do mean Madonna on stage, by the way. At least we already have her tennis shoes. We found a cool pair of Reeboks - Dr. McSpeedy. She doesn't really were tennis shoes that much, but she has to have them for gym class.

We are spending the night with my aunt and uncle who live about and hour and 15 minutes away from here. He has Alzheimers and does better on some days than others. When I saw him last month he was having a really good day. He kept asking me "Why don't you stay all night" so we're spending the night with them tonight. This is the man that taught me to drive and I used to spend time at their house every summer. Sometimes I would stay almost all summer. They used to be foster parents, so their home was always teeming with kids and it was the best times of my life.

No comments: