Wednesday, September 24, 2008

decisions...decisions

I wish I had someone to make all of the decisions that are popping up in my life lately. I just received a call from the lady at the school board and she wanted me to come into her office in the morning for an interview to be a long-term sub. Well, I don't have my fingerprints done yet and I haven't done my six hours of observation at the school of my choice. When I told her that I hadn't completed these tasks yet, she kind of told me, in a round-about way, "hurry up...we need help".

So, now, I have to figure out which police detachment is the least expensive to have my prints done. Some of these places charge $20 just to ink your fingers and put them on the card. Heck! I already have the card. I'm thinking about smearing some mascara on the pads of my fingers and doing it myself. On top of that $20 I have to have a $59 check to go with the fingerprint card when I go in for the interview...not to mention the $25 that I already paid to take the online class to go to their training center and be tested. Funny thing though - they don't make you do a drug screening. I guess they figure that after paying out all of the money you have put out to jump through their hoops, you wouldn't have the money to buy drugs anyway.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your blog, and subbing at my girls school is one of my many sidelines. It is so great to be in the classroom....but not responsible for the paperwork or testing( which is why I would never want to teach)

Lisa said...

If you're placed as a long-term sub in this district you have the same responsibilities as a regular classroom teacher would--lesson plans, testing, grading, the whole nine yards. If you want to work every day it is worth doing it for the job security. I used to hate getting up in the morning and getting all ready for the day, then maybe not get called out that day. I like knowing ahead of time where I'm going and what I'm doing.

- said...

LOL, I love the line about not having any money left for drugs after paying all the fees. Good luck on your new job.
Shrinking Pamelalala

Anonymous said...

Its great that can sub, that would be so much fun. Good luck with teaching. Also, I want to add you to my site, so is "hillbilly heart" a blogspot or .com? Have a great day.
Barbara :)

Anonymous said...

Hi again, it would not let me sign in with my blogger ID. Not sure why, I tried several times. Trying again...