Saturday, September 27, 2008

Newman's Legacy

Today is a sad day in Hollywood with the passing of Paul Newman. He was one of my favorite actors. He wasn't just an actor, though. He was the faithful husband of 50 years to Joanne Woodward, a philanthropist, an outspoken civil rights advocate and so much more to all of his fans the world over. He will be surely be missed. 'Newman's Own', his gourmet foods company, has donated 100s of millions to charities. Some of my favorite movies that he starred in were Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Color of Money. He's gone but certainly will never be forgotten - his legacy lives on in the millions of people who have been positively impacted by his life and love for others.

5 comments:

J said...

It's a sad day. He will be missed.

Barbara said...

This was really sad to me as well. I love Paul Newman. Remember seeing his old movies with those beautiful eyes he has.Yeah, I'm going to miss him lots. My uncle also died this morning, so its been an all around bad weekend so far. Have a great night.
Barbara

Marrid66 said...

I loved Paul Newman. He was a great actor and I think a great human being.

- said...

Yes, sad. He had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. And he was a wonderful man. Sigh.

Pamela-te-da

Marrid66 said...

I was so sad that Paul Newman died. What a great actor!

marrid66

4 Cats Make Me Crazy!

Here On Columbia Avenue

Da Boss And Bryguy