Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall in for a bowl of soup...


It's official! Soup weather is here. With the first day of fall on today's calendar it is the perfect time to enjoy a steaming, hot bowl of soup to chase away that brisk fall chill. I think that we've had pretty unseasonably warm weather for this time of year. It was, however, pretty nippy outside this morning at 7 a.m. when I put CJ on the bus. Today's dinner was a nice big pot of Taco Soup, courtesy of Kathy S. over at The Recipe Zaar. I love this website and use it more than any other cooking website on the internet. What I really like about it is that users rate the dishes, so you know before you start a recipe about how well it is going to turn out and how it can be tweaked for optimum performance, etc. The soup turned out delicious, as always. We top it with shredded cheese, sour cream and throw in a few tortilla chips for good measure.

I'm getting so excited about seeing the changes that fall always brings. That is what I love about living in this valley. Soon I'll be able to look up in any direction and see all the colors of God's palette in these hills. It is breathtaking! And then there's Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all falling in line. Time to get busy! I may just need another bowl of that soup to fortify me!


3 comments:

J said...

I've made chili twice in the last couple weeks..mmm I love it when I can start making that again...lol

- said...

OMG that looks so good! DH and I are both soup lovers so I'll be making a pot for sure. Thanks!

Unknown said...

That looks delicious! I'll have to add this to my menu this week! Thanks!